Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TabContainer cannot be found Sys.InvalidOperationException

Hi All,

I have a TabContainer in an UpdatePanel with its UpdateMode set to conditional. The problem is that sometimes the tabcontainer is not found. I get the javascripterror "Sys.InvalidoperationException Component 'ctl00_BodyPlaceHolder_tcAttendees' cannot be found when the page loads.I try to find it using $find('ctl00_BodyPlaceHolder_tcAttendees' ) in javascript but it returns null. this only happens sometimes and there does not appear to be any pattern to it. Its a real head scratcher and never happens on my development PC. I have ten tabpanels associated with it and i can find all of them. This is a real head scratcher and i really need help with this one so any help would be greatly appreciated. i can find it by usingdocument.getElementById('ctl00_BodyPlaceHolder_tcAttendees') but i need to be able to access get_tabs which i cannot do with document.getElementById.

Hi,

Please see the threadhttp://forums.asp.net/t/1099039.aspx and check out my post where i was able to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

MrD.

No comments:

Post a Comment