Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tab Container doubts

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the Tab Container Control:

1) How can I get the current Tab in the code behind ?

2) if I have five tabpanels, with one grid view on each one and I want to use the updatepanel.

should I create one updatepanel and place all the tabpanels on it, or create one updatepanel for each tabpanel ?

Thanks !

I haven't tried your Tab / Update Panel combinations, but getting the current TabIndex in your server code is easy.

Dim TabNoAsInteger

TabNo = TabContainer1.ActiveTabIndex

Remember Active.TabIndex is Zero based so if you have 4 tabes and the last one is selected, the active index will be "3"


Hi,

Personally, I'd place different UpdatePanel for each tab. Haven't done this ever too, you may have a try and know if it works.


The Tab / Update panel combination worked smothly by using a diferent updatepanel for each tabpanel, like Raymond suggested.

If you want, you can use an update progress like this:

<asp:UpdateProgressID="UpdateProgress1"runat="server"AssociatedUpdatePanelID="Tabs$Panel1$upd1">

Thanks Joe and Raymond,

Skynyrd

No comments:

Post a Comment