Wednesday, March 28, 2012

System.Web.UI.ScriptManager not recognized

Hi All,

First of all I am new to using Ajax controls, and am having a bit of trouble trying to add them to an exsisting ASP.NET application.

I am using:

Windows Vista Business

IIS7

VS 2005 SP1

AJAX 1.0

When trying to add an Ajax script manager to a page i get an error in the designer.vb file saying that the System.web.ui.scriptmanager type is not recognized. Also when I try to run the app I get the "sys is not found" javascript error which I would expect is related to my issue.

I have searched the fourms etc for quite a while and have found one other post regarding this, although it didn't seem to solve my problem.

I have tried running a Ajax enabled project and tested it in both the VS and IIS webservers which works well. I have also copied a web.config file from an Ajax enabled site so I dont think it is the web.config file.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Glen

http://www.emmersivemedia.com.au

First of all When u create "AJAX Enabled Site", You don't have to manually include

ScriptManager Control. It will be automatically placed on the form.


Why do you want to place ScriptManager manually ?

You can use directly AJAX Enabled Web Site..


Hi Chetan,

I am adding Ajax controls to a "Standard" ASP.NET application and not a Ajax enabled app, when adding the control which i want to use (ModalPopup) it says that it requires an instance of the ScriptManager Control on the page which makes sense as to my understanding any page that uses Ajax controls needs a ScriptManager control or a ScriptManager Proxy.

The reason I mentioned the Ajax Enabled site is that I guess it illustrates the fact that its not a problem with the instalation of Ajax but rather an issue specifically with the app i am working with.

Can you think of anything that I might have missed that would cause this to happen?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment