Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tab Panel using ContentPlaceHolder not working inside Master Page.

I just downloaded the latest version of the AJAX toolkit and have noticed that with the new version my master pages now have new errors. It seems that the tab panels cant be used in master page and using contentplaceholders. Anyone have any fixes or solutions for this. The error I get is

Error 1 'AjaxControlToolkit.TabPanel.TabPanelContainer' is inaccessible due to its protection level c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\pubsubgui\6a434f43\4362c5b0\App_Web_dl4gjyhw.0.cs 185

Hi,

You can modify the access identifier of TabPanelContainer from internal to public in the source of the AjaxControlToolKit to solve it.


This should be fixed in the next release of the Toolkit due soon. Thanks!


Has this been resolved? I downloaded the Jun 18 release but I still seem to be having this issue (first time Ive used the control toolkit, so I cant tell you if it existed for me previously).

I have a content place holder in my Master page, and Im using the Tab Container/Panel control in my content page. The content pane renders blank. If I view source on the page the style for the tab container/panel is set to visibility:hidden;display:none; I have no idea why that happens but that might be part of the issue (Ive set the Style manually in the page_load but it doesnt act like a tab control, rather i just see the tab panel header text).

-Chris


Please send along a simple, self-contained demonstration of the problem for folks to have a look at. Maybe have a peek at the Tabs sample page which also uses MasterPage/ContentPage and seems to work okay.


OK, so this is my first time using AJAX, and the first control im using, and im already getting a fatal error like this?? Am I going to have problems like this with other controls? Should i wait on using AJAX?? It doesnt seem like its quite ready to use in a professional setting, with deadlines. Thanks


Hey... In general the AJAX toolkit is great and really fleshes out more for your web page. If you go and get the latest change source... this has been fixed. Go here and download and build the latest version of the code.http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx


OK, isnt there a way to just download all of the fixes? I dont know what I am looking for in that link. Maybe the June 18th entry at 1:06 by davidans "take care of code analysis issue in tabpaneldesigner" ?? Sounds like person above downloaded that with now help. And how do I know where to add this souce code?? I build it into that sample project that comes with the toolkit?? And use the DLL it creates??

No comments:

Post a Comment