Monday, March 26, 2012

tab control and modelpopup

In my form aspx page, I have three panels, top of the page I have three input buttons controls how I display my panels, first button display panel1(hides panel2 and 3) , second button displays panel2(hides panel1 and panel3), third panel display panel3(hides panel1 and 2).

Only thing is, panel2 has one small subpanel and datagrid in it that for datagrid, I put a modelpopupextender , because I wanted when user clicks linkbutton inside the datagrid, I make modelpopup pops. That means it I have update panel inside the Panel2 already.

I have tried some javascript functions for displaying/hiding my panels when buttons are clicked, but I needed also for panel2 when user saves datagrid, page refreshes and needs to comes back to show panel2 again,it was keep showing panel1, I put some javascript for that would remember last button clicked, so could come back that one, but that gives me some problem, so maybe I should try Ajaxs Tab , but I get confused how would I set up that, because I already have updatepanel inside the panel2 for modelpopup, so how would I can put tab control for whole form? Would it effect Tab and modelpop up together ?

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I agree your idea of trying to use TabContainer control. With it, you don't need to worry about keep its state between postbacks.

For more information about how to use it, I'd suggest downloading the sample web sitehere and try the tabs page.

No comments:

Post a Comment