Saturday, March 24, 2012

TabContainer + UpdatePanel + UpdateProgress + OnClientActiveTabChanged - No progress gif..

Hey all,

I'm using a combinaison of TabContainer + UpdatePanel + UpdateProgress + OnClientActiveTabChanged to dynamically load the content of each TabPanel on user selection.

Everything works fine except the UpdateProgress which does nothing!

I have written a ActiveTabChanged(sender, e) function do actually do a post back for the OnClientActiveTabChanged method. like this :

function ActiveTabChanged(sender, e) {__doPostBack('<%= TabContainer1.ClientID %>', sender.get_activeTab().get_headerText()); }

My problem at the moment is that it does not fire the UpdateProgress control.

I tried to add an hidden asp:button within each TabPanel and fire their event in javascript but as I realised, it only work for the Activated tab, since the Tab controls are not loaded until they are active...... which is after the OnClientActiveTabChanged....

Anyone have any idea of how this can be achieve ?

Many thanks

Rich

I was wondering if anyone knows where the poster above learned what properties/values were exposed by the "sender" parameter sent into the active tab changed event we can specify on the clientside. I did try the sender.get_activeTab().get_headerText() above and it does indeed work. I'm wondering what else is exposed via this parameter and if it is documented somewhere?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment