Saturday, March 24, 2012

TabContainer - Two Components with the same id error

Hi. I've loaded the most recent AJAX Controls Toolkit and am using a TabContainer and TabPanels. I try to run a report from Oracle by clicking on an image button elsewhere on the screen, which should (and does) cause the report to be generated. It then is to switch TabPanels and show the report. At that point, I get:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two components with the same id 'TabContainer1_TabPanel1' can't be added to the application.

I've researched on the forums and found a few proposed fixes to this issue. Unfortunately, none of them seem to work. Has anyone seen this with the TabContainer, and is there a fix? If I set debug=false in the web.config it goes away, but I realize that isn't truly a solution.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I am having similar problem. My case was, I have a user control that contains MultipleSelectorExtender from ajax control toolkit. On my page, I need to hide and show this user control on a specific event. The first time I set the Visible property of this user control that contains the MultipleSelectorExtender, I am not getting any error. The next time that I attempted to set the visible property of the usercontrol to true, I got the error message "Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two componnents with same id '<multipleselectorextender's Id>' can't be added to the application."

It seems that the component was recreated again when the container wast set to visible.

Have you found solution to your problem? If so, kindly post it here.

tia,

/randz

No comments:

Post a Comment