Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TabContainer in an UpdatePanel (.NET 3.5)

I have recently upgraded a website from ASP.NET 2.0 and the appropriate AJAX Control Toolkit to use .NET 3.5 (with Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2) and the AJAX Control Toolkit that is available for the version. My website has several pages with a TabContainer inside an UpdatePanel. However now when an asynchronous postback occurs from buttons either inside the TabContainer or outside the TabContainer, the entire TabContainer seems to flicker. Note that only the TabContainer and it's contents seem to flicker and not the other contents outside of the TabContainer. Is anyone else experiencing results like this?

Thanks,

Kyle

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I have a tab container inside one update panel. I had no problems doing this on 2.0. I upgraded to 3.5 and on my new project my entire tab container is redrawn on every post back. When I click on a new tab, the content appears instantly, then it quickly redraws. Not sure if this is a bug, but cannot find any answers. Thanks for any help.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment