Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TabContainer flicker on tab mouse over

Hi,

I am using the AJAX Control Toolkit and have a TabContainer with two TabPanels on an aspx/VB page.

My problem is when I mouse over the tabs the page flickers.

Putting the TabContainer in an UpdatePanel makes no difference.

From what I have gathered this is due to the reloading of the tab images used by the 'ajax__tab_xp' CSS that is applied by default to the TabContainer.

Can anyone suggest a way to prevent the flicker (other than changing the cache settings in IIS)?

Apologies if this is a double up post (I looked and couldn't find any that answered the problem).

Thanks in advance,
David

I have this problem too! I noticed, however, that the 'demo' Ajax Toolkit site doesn't have this problem. there must be a way to prevent this, looks terrible.


Hi abgibbs,

I have not found a proper fix to this problem but this post http://forums.asp.net/t/1115791.aspx helped me to bang together a temporary hack fix.

I basically rewrote the entire Tabs CSS file so that it was no longer using background:url(<%=WebResource("AjaxControlToolkit.Tabs.tab-hover-left.gif")%>)to populate the background images of each TabPanel.

I made my own background images and imported them into my projects Images folder and now havebackground:url("./Images/TabIcon.gif")repeat-x ; in my StyleSheet.

It doesn't look nearly as good as the real deal but at least it no longer has that horrific flicker.

Hope this helps,
David


I don't see any problem on my tabpanels when hovering over the tabs ...


I've been using the tabcontainer a lot...

And there's obviously something weird about it: if you move your mouse over the headers, very often the content of the active tabpanel will "jump". If you have some text inside you will see it suddenly wrap differently for a second, for example.

I haven't found a way around it, but haven't really tried until now...

But moving your mouse over the headers has an effect on the size of the active TabPanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment