Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TabContainer disable problem

I have a tabcontainer. And I want to implement a feature: when the first time I load the page, it's diabled, but after I elect a checkbox, it will be enabled.

So I have code in the my page file like below:

<ajaxToolkit:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" enabled="false">

And in my javascript file, I get the tabcontainer, and set its disable property to false. Yes, I can see in the page, the control is enabled (not gray out), but I cannot operate on any control inside it. For instance, the tab contains a textbox, but whatever what I do, the textbox cannot get focus. Any opinion on that?

Disabling the tab container will also disable all controls inside of it (this is the correct behavior). I'm guessing you want to disable clicking of the tabs until after the checkbox has been clicked. I suggest exposing a new public property to disable the clicking of the tabs.


Yup, if disable the tab it should also disable all controls contained by the tab. But I think after enabling the container, all controls in the tab should be editable, like Winform does.

bluemistonline:

Disabling the tab container will also disable all controls inside of it (this is the correct behavior). I'm guessing you want to disable clicking of the tabs until after the checkbox has been clicked. I suggest exposing a new public property to disable the clicking of the tabs.

What do i have to do, to expose a new property for the tab? I need the functionality to disable a tab (greyed out) and to add tooltips for a tab.

Can somebody show me an example?


Can somebody help me with this issue, please. Release date is comming closer and closerBig Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment