Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TabContainer AutoPostBack. Load the tabPanels only when needed

Greetings!I have a TabContainer with various tab.

Each tabPanel contains a Gridview that contains different data. This way, each time the page loades or makes a postback ALL the gridviews perform the data access.

In order to increase performance at the first page_load, I want that the methods that load the Gridviews excecute only when the tab is activates. The solution that I tried was to capture the ActiveTabChange event. The problem is that the TabContainer doesn't have any AutoPostBack-like property.

Any ideas=

Hello,

There's a function on the TabContainer called OnActiveTabChanged


If you READ (yes READ) my post, you will see that I know that there is that event, and I also say that it doesn't solve by its own my problem. Yes I do capture that event and code the data access there. But when the user clicks on a tab, this event doesn't fire up, because this events activates on postback (for example, if anyone clicks a button).

Pleas avoid answering if you don't read the entire post.

Anyone with REALLY helpful ideas?


Oops, sorry. I guess I must have skipped that line of yours. Cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment