Saturday, March 24, 2012

TabContainer and TabPanel - Error Rendering Control, An unhandled exception has occurred.

I get this error in the designer when I place either TabContainer or TabPanel on any page in my project. I also get it if I look at the Tabs.aspx page in the toolkit sample website that comes with the source code. This has been happening for a while now and is rather anoying.

Anyone else get this error in the designer?

I only get it on the TabPanel
No resolution found yet


Are you saying that if you open Tabs.aspx from the SampleWebsite in the designer you get this error? Or when you run the page?

In either case, I don't see the problem. More info might help narrow it down.


Yes you do get this error if you have no ScriptManager control on your page. I assume you did the obvious and add one. Otherwise you've got an installation problem, because it works for me.

As of the Latest Release 23/01/2007 the errors are gone.Smile


I'm looking at putting together a bit of a better designer for tabs hopefully for the next release.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to the next release.


Currently, I'm experiencing the same error with the latest release.

Have you tried the following:

Make sure there is a ScriptManager as the top most component of the page or if you have a ScriptManager on a MasterPage then make sure it is before your Content areas.

Have you tried the following:

Make sure there is a ScriptManager as the top most component of the page or if you have a ScriptManager on a MasterPage then make sure it is before your Content areas.

Have you tried the following:

Make sure there is a ScriptManager as the top most component of the page or if you have a ScriptManager on a MasterPage then make sure it is before your Content areas.

Have you tried the following:

Make sure there is a ScriptManager as the top most component of the page or if you have a ScriptManager on a MasterPage then make sure it is before your Content areas.
I am also haveing the same issue. I started a new AJAX Website from the template provided and when I drag a tab panel onto the page I get the above error. I don't have an old version since I just downloaded it today.

Did anyone figure out the solution to this? I too downloaded a new version, only this tool is still giving me a problem by not working at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment