Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TabContainer and OnActiveTabChanged

Hi,
I read a lot of posts about the OnActiveTabChanged event but I would like to know what would be the best way to load dynamically the content of the selected Tab.
Here's my needs.
I have a tabcontainer with 3 tabs and I want to load the content on fly when the user selects a tab (of course without reload the entire page).
If someone could post the right code, that will be great.

Thanks in advance.
Stan

I think the best way to do this is to:

1) Put an UpdatePanel around the TabContainer

2) Hook the ActiveTabChanged event

3) When it fires for a given tab, add the content in the postback

Note there is a known issue with the TabContainer in an update panel - it's a cosmetic issue where you can see it redraw on postback.


OK I sat down and did a sample of this that loads each panel when the user selects it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/sburke/archive/2007/06/13/how-to-make-tab-control-panels-load-on-demand.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment