Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tab Panel, Update Panel, and TabOrder

I am having a problem with my update panel and tab panel where it will not recognize my form elements and let me tab to them.

I have an update panel that is a conditional update. When this is updated, it is making a tab enabled in the tabcontainer. (this is the second tab that is visible)

When this is done, I set the focus to the first form element (drop down list box) using the Script Manager.

The problem is when I tab, it goes directly to the address bar in IE 7.0. Even if I hit the tab several times, it will never come back to the drop down list even.

Now here is where it gets wierd. If I click the first tab and then go back to the second tab, I can hit the tab key and everything works right. Why would this be happening?

Thanks,

Keith

ok, I figured out what was happening.

I had a tab that was disabled for various reason.

one control on the tab was trying to show a modal dialog box. It was resulting in an error because the control wasn't passed back to the client. This caused all kinds of havoc apparently. I fixed this so that the control wasn't inappropriately calling the show modal dialog and all tabs were fine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment